One of our favourites from the Fal River Autumn Walking Festival. Learn how to make Sloe Gin!
You can pick some delish sloe berries on the banks of the neighbouring Helford River and then make some delish Sloe Gin!
- Fill a kilner jar or an empty bottle a third of the way with your picked sloes - prick them first.
- Add another third of white granulated sugar.
- Fill the bottle with gin and screw on the cap.
- Leave in a cool, dry place turning once a week.
- The longer you leave it the more developed the flavours will be but leave it for a minimum of 2 months.