Falmouth is a great base for enjoying the best of what the Fal River has to offer.
Grab yourself a Fal Mussel Card and head out on a great day trip.
Here are some of our suggestions for a great day out. If you need more information or some more ideas please contact us and we'll be happy to help.
- Hop on the ferry over to St Mawes to visit St Mawes Castle which is a short walk from the quay. Take a picnic with you and enjoy some of the best views in Cornwall.
- There's plenty to do in St Mawes. If you've already seen the castle why not hire out some kayaks before popping into the Hotel Tresanton for cream tea?
- If you want to be more active then spend the day walking the Roseland. Once you've got a ferry to St Mawes, jump on the Place Ferry and stroll to the iconic St Anthony's Lighthouse and check out Fraggle Rock (yes, the actual Fraggle Rock!).
- There's more than one river and the number 35 First Bus from Falmouth will take you to Helford Passge where you can visit amazing gardens, stroll along the banks of the Helford River and enjoy lunch at the Ferryboat Inn.
- The historic fishing village of Flushing is a 5 minute ferry ride away. There's two good pubs and a secluded beach. You can also walk arond the headland to Mylor Harbour and catch a Water Taxi back to Falmouth.