Our top tips...
Walking in this part of Cornwall is one of life’s great joys.
There is unrivalled variation in the walks on offer, from the tranquillity of woodland glades to the high drama of rugged cliff tops, however there are two things that remain constant through all the walks: preparation and safety.
Our top tips are designed to ensure you have the best possible walking experience and we recommend following them before you embark on any of the walks.
- Don’t leave home without a map. You can pick up a copy of our area map for just £3 which is best used hand in hand with an Ordnance Survey map.
- Wear suitable footwear and clothing. Make sure your shoes are sturdy and have a good grip. We like to wear layers when we’re walking then we’re never too hot or too cold. Waterproofs are a must if it looks like rain (check the forecast before you go) and so is a hat and sun cream if the sun is shining.
- Fuel up. Make sure you have plenty of water with you if you’re taking on one of our longer walks. A hot thermos (tea, coffee or soup!) is always a treat on a cold day. High-energy snacks and a packed lunch should be an ever present in your day sack.
- It's better together. If you are walking on your own make sure you tell someone where you are going, what your route is and what time you expect to be finished. We recommend walking in groups where possible.
- Road safety. Some routes will take you onto the road. Make sure you face the oncoming traffic and are aware of your surroundings.
- Pack the plasters. A basic first aid kit should be in your pack for any walks which are likely to last all day.
- Love the area. Be a green walker and look after your surroundings. Take any litter home with you, stick to paths, keep dogs under control and don’t disturb livestock. With the Fal Mussel Card you can even leave the car at home.
All of our walks take in stunning scenery. Why not take a camera with you and share your pics with us?
E-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll put them up on the website.
There are no articles.
Walks to do while you are here
Below you'll find a selection of some of our favourite walks which are great to do while you're on holiday in Cornwall.
The walks range from day-long hike to gentle strolls around quiet woodlands but we promise they'll all take you through some of the most beautiful parts of Cornwall.
If your planning on walking while you are here please drop in and see us at the office if you have any questions or need any advice.
Grab a Fal Mussel Card before you head off to save while you travel around the river. Enterprise Boats run regularly from the Trelissick Pontoon (a two minute walk away from the cottage) and will take you to Falmouth, Truro and St Mawes.
Walk around the Pendennis Headland where you'll be rewarded with fantastic views.More information
Mylor Creek Walk
A beautiful little walk from the middle of Mylor Bridge along Mylor Creek.More information
Falmouth Town Walk
Enjoy a gentle walk through Falmouth with a healthy dose of maritime heritage.More information
St Mawes Headland
A walk around the St Mawes headland past the castle and along the creek.More information
Mylor & Penryn Walk
An all day walk taking in the three villages of Mylor, Penryn and Flushing.More information
St Mawes to St Just
Walk from the historic Cornish fishing village of St Mawes to St Just and explore one of the most beautiful churches in the world.More information
Portscatho for Lunch
An all day walk along the Roseland Penisula following the South West Coast Path.More information
Bissoe & Back
Walk along the Coast to Coast Trail through hidden valleys and quiet villages.More information
A great walk around the National Trust's Trelissick Garden and the Fal River.More information
Caerhays to Dodman
Walk from the grandeur of Caerhays to the imposing majesty of Dodman Point.More information
Little & Great Molunan
A short walk to a picturesque cove plenty of quirky nooks and crannies to explore.More information
Creeks & Cliffs
Take a magical journey around the Roseland Peninsula on this stunning walk.More information
Sloe Berry Stroll
A stroll along the banks of the Helford with the chance to grab some sloe berries.More information
Fal River Walk
A walk along the banks of the Fal River from St Mawes to Smugglers Cottage.More information
A walk from Meudon Hotel through lush gardens and across secluded beaches.More information
Walk along Maenporth, Swanpool and Gyllyngvase Beach to St Michael's Hotel & Spa.More information
Begin in Devoran and enjoy a series of short walks around the village and creek.More information
Explore the dramatic beauty of Nare Head and Carne Beach on this happy hike.More information
A walk with great views across the Carrick Roads from Flushing to Mylor.More information
Helford Short Walks
Around the Helford River you can enjoy a series of achievable short walks.More information
A lovely walk around Falmouth starting at Penmere Station and taking in Swanpool.More information
A stunning all day walk along the Roseland Peninsula following the coast path.More information
Walking to Porthbeor on the Roseland is a great adventure that everyone can enjoy.More information
A beautiful walk on the Roseland that takes in some of the finest scenery in Cornwall. Start this walk from the Place Ferry landing.More information
Mawnan Smith Circular
A walk from Mawnan Smith through sub-tropical gardens and along the Helford River.More information
Malpas to Tresillian
Walk from the lovely village of Malpas along the calming banks of the Fal River.More information
Truro Town Walk
Town and country come together in this walk that begins in the heart of Truro .More information