The next World Pasty Championships will take place on 2 March 2013, and online registration is now open!
As the Eden Project is based in Cornwall, our World Pasty Championships will celebrate the traditional Cornish pasty recipe, as well as some more unusual varieties.
From the Americas to Australia, pasties derived from recipes passed down by Cornish emigrants over centuries are eaten and enjoyed by many millions of people.
We invite entries from around the world to our Championships.
- Date: Saturday 2 March 2013, the Saturday before the national day of Cornwall, St Piran’s Day
- Awards ceremony at 4.30pm in the Visitor Centre
- Entry price: £10 per category, or £5 for the junior categories
There are eight categories in all, with the opportunity to enter a traditional Cornish pasty or an alternative savoury pasty:
- Cornish Pasty – Company
- Cornish Pasty – Professional
- Cornish Pasty – Amateur
- Cornish Pasty Junior (15 and under)
- Open Savoury – Company
- Open Savoury - Professional
- Open Savoury – Amateur
- Open Savoury - Junior (15 and under)
How to enter
You can now register online here.
Entertainment all day
Celebrate a few days ahead of St Piran's Day (Cornwall's national day) with our great line-up of live music, comedy and other pasty-themed fun! In the evening, come to the Oggy Oscars Ceremony where the champions will be announced, and then enjoy live music, a DJ and a few beers in our Gallery after.
- Hedluv and Passman
- The Cornish Wurzells
- The Oggymen
- Flats and Sharps
- Saskia Maxwell
- Gareth Lee
- Skin Tight
- Make your own pasty workshops with the Chough Bakery, Padstow (featured on BBC2’s ‘The Fixer’)
- Pasty demonstration from Martin Chiffers, ex-head pastry chef at the Savoy Hotel, London and UK Pastry Team President
Last year's Championships