Celebrating the start of the oyster dredging season
Falmouth Oyster Festival, now in its 13th year, is a highlight in the annual calendar of events in Cornwall. The festival celebrates the start of the oyster dredging season and focuses on the mighty mollusc and its traditional methods of harvesting, using only sail and oar.
- Seafood cookery demonstrations
- Wine, champagne and local ale
- Oyster and seafood bars
- Daily live music
- Cornish crafts and produce marquee
- Oyster Shucking Competition
- Schools Town Oyster Parade
- Working Boat Race
- Fresh Fish Market
- Children's shell painting
- Grand Oyster Draw
For more information call: 01326 312300
or visit www.falmouthoysterfestival.co.uk
To download more infomation on the Oyster Festival 2009 click here...