Sushi and Japanese food has seen an explosion in popularity worldwide and with access to some of the best fish in the world, what better place to learn than Cornwall.
On this new course you will be taught how to make authentic sushi by Japanese cookery teacher, Naoko Kashiwagi.
Naoko will share her skills and experience, teaching you how prepare delicious sushi and other traditional Japanese dishes from scratch creating new and delicious flavour combinations and textures.
Maximum student to tutor ratio: 8-1
Tutors: Naoko Kashiwagi – Guest Tutor
Example dishes that may be made during the evening
- Tuna California Rolls with garlic soy sauce
- Tempura Prawn
- Okonomiyaki (traditional filled savoury pancake)
- Lightly seared tuna with Yuzu soy sauce
- Salt-cured tuna nigiri sushi
- Spring cabbage salad
- Preparing sushi rice
- Filleting fish
- Salt curing
- Making Tempura dough
- Deep frying Tempura prawns
- Assembling sushi rolls
- Presentation of sushi
- Preparing and decorating Okonomiyaki
Age suitability: 15+ or 13+ if accompanied by a paying adult.
Find out more...