Mansfield Park - catch this spellbinding adaptation of Jane Austen’s captivating novel as it returns to tour in 2013 at the Hall for Cornwall in Truro.
Unceremoniously uprooted from her humble family home, intelligent young Fanny Price is dropped into the bustling, aristocratic household of her uncle, Sir Thomas Bertram, where she finds herself buffeted from one crisis to the next in the company of her cousins and their well-to-do friends.
Yet throughout this turmoil one thing remains a constant – her love for the generous, worthy and steadfast Edmund Bertram.
But will this love be her salvation? Or will she be forced to marry the charismatic Henry Crawford for connections and wealth alone?
Written by Tim Luscombe, whose other acclaimed Austen adaptations include Northanger Abbey and Persuasion, and directed by Colin Blumenau, Mansfield Park is a must-see for lovers of Jane Austen.
- 01 October 2013 - 19.30pm - £14.00 -£26.00.
- 02 October 2013 - 19.30pm - £14.00 -£26.00.
- 03 October 2013 - 14.30pm - £10.00 -£20.00; 19.30pm - £14.00 -£26.00.
- 04 October 2013 - 19.30pm - £18.00 -£28.00.
- 05 October 2013 - 14.30 - £10.00 -£20.00; 19.30pm - £18.00 -£28.00.