The 2012 Nearwater St Mawes Triathlon takes place on September 23.
Details of the event are below for the Nearwater team:
After lots of helpful feedback from this year's race we have put together plans for next year.
We will be moving the race back into the village for several reasons:
1) Regain that more village atmosphere that we had in the first year
2) The swim will be in the harbour giving us only a very small chance that bad weather could disrupt it.
3) The beaches to enter and exit the swim from are much less rocky and will be kinder on the feet and access is far easier.
4) We will close the road through the middle of the village and put the transition on the roadside, therefore cyclists will not be passing through the village at top speed so this should be safer.
5) It will allow us to have the registration on the quay next to the transition and use the quay for sponsors tents, prize giving, food outlets etc.
6) Spectators and competitors will also be able to use the shops, cafes and pubs that the village offers.
We will also run both a sprint and standard distance triathlon at the same time, links below for the proposed standard distance swim, cycle and run routes.
The sprint course swim will be similar but just one lap, the cycle route as the last two years and the run just one lap of the village.
Medals will be awarded in the following categories for men and women:
Open / V40 / V50 / V60 / Team Relay
Visit the Nearwater website for further details.
View photos from the 2011 Nearwater St Mawes Triathlon here.