Events happening to celebrate the Olympic Torch Relay around Great Britain
Celebrating the Great Britain Olympics, Falmouth has a broad range of activities lined up.
First day of the Olympic Torch Relay's journey around Great Britain. The flame will pass through Falmouth in the morning and the town will be celebrating this historic moment with a day long programme of activities and highlights making Falmouth a great place to watch the Olympic Torch on its way through Cornwall.
- RNAS Culdrose Sea King flypast in the morning, time tbc
- Time and event tbc - Watch the Maritime Museum's tower be transformed into an Olympic Torch!
- On Discovery Quay/ Events Square there a number of activities planned for before and after the Olympic Torch Relay including performances and photographic exhibitions by University College Falmouth, 9.00am to 5.00pm
- University of Exeter will be showing Sustainable Energy on Prince of Wales Pier.
- Saturday Night Themed Party with The Motown Pirates, in festival marquee on Events Square - free entry
- There will be a big cream tea giveaway on the Moor during the torch arrival and afterwards.
- Falmouth Art Gallery will be building a huge torch made from withies that everyone will be able to attach good luck messages to.
- Free water sports taster sessions at Swanpool beach courtesy of Elemental UK.
- Upwards of 40 Cornish Gigs will on the water around Custom House Quay.
For more information on any of the above please call 01326 313553 or go to www.falmouth.co.uk