Wedding Venue of the Month: The Alverton
12 November 2016
'The Great Hall is one of the most stunning places to get married you will ever see! Built by the same chap who built Truro Cathedral, the gothic, dramatic architecture and acoustics are simply magnificent.'
With a sweeping drive that takes you to the old oak door, brides are bound to make a grand entrance. We can just imagine pulling up to the door in a glamorous 1930s style Beauford or perhaps horse and cart as we arrive in style. The entire hotel is decorated in a luxury, stylish manner, retaining the hotel heritage whilst bringing a sense of modern luxury to the furnishings. Everything feels opulent yet relaxed with all of the tiny details thought about, even the tables in the bar have built in champagne-trugs!
Where to wed
The hotel has a choice of rooms to get married in but we have just two words for you: Great Hall.
The Great Hall is one of the most stunning places to get married you will ever see! Built by the same chap who built Truro Cathedral, the gothic, dramatic architecture and acoustics are simply magnificent. In the winter imagine the place adorned with candles, romantic, intimate and glamorous. In the summer, guests can enjoy canapés and Champagne in the library and bar, spilling out onto the picturesque terrace in the sun, it’s the dream wedding venue! To add accolade to atmosphere, the hotel recently won the award of Best City Venue in the UK Wedding Awards.
What makes it special
- Romantic and historic but with all of the modern luxuries
- The new Courtyard Suites are stunning and include deep copper bath and private guest lounge
- The Bridal Suite has a romantic 4 poster bed and overlooks the garden – you’ll be spoiled for choice when it comes to rooms!
- Not just one but TWO AA Rosettes for food means you’ll enjoy a wedding breakfast with a difference
- Classed as 4 star 79%, a high quality hotel indeed!
- Phenomenal service with many staff having been at the hotel for years
- Winner of Best City Venue in the UK Wedding Awards
Need to know
The Alverton have a special offer for weddings in January 2017 from just £2,999 which is fantastic value! January was the month that some of the Hollywood greats tied the knot; Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn included! And if you’re going to host a winter wedding it doesn’t come more romantic, sensational and showstopping than The Alverton…