Venue of the Month: Merchants Manor
24 June 2017
Best for.... A country house wedding with character
Interiors: Ever so elegant, Merchants Manor is class personified. Stripped back wooden floors, bold artworks set against a calming colour palette, an open fire and a beautiful garden area for celebration drinks, this is a country house made for celebrating.
The Romance Factor: The award winning sub-tropical gardens are ideal for stealing a moment together as newlyweds or why not escape to one of the many nearby beaches for sunset photos on the sand. Climb the original Merchant staircase and embrace in front of the stained glass window. Finish your big day with a soak in your roll top bath together, full of bubbles and with Champagne on ice.
The Ceremony: Tie the knot in a choice of locations. The intimate and light-filled Library, the stylish Brasserie or, for a proper knees-up, the Trelawney which seats up to 200 and is the most impressive events suite.
Food & Drink: Food is the middle name at Merchants Manor. Mix and match menus means couples aren't tied to a restricted menu but instead can eat what they like, combining their favourites from each. From delectable Beef Wellington to dressed Cornish Crab from Falmouth Bay, guests are sure to be impressed when they serve up a feast, Merchant style!
- The fantastic variety of Event Suites, catering for intimate celebrations up to 200 guests
- The romantic Summer House and superb gardens. With daffodils, camellias and blossoms galore, the hotel garden truly is a secret waiting to be discovered
- The indoor pool – complete with a unique outdoor barrel sauna and steam room. The ideal remedy the morning after the night before!
- The romantic suites, provided complimentary for wedding couples, you won't want to leave!
- The onsite Linen Rooms Spa. Relaxed and with a Mediterranean feel, the hotel massages are perhaps the best in Cornwall. Seriously, ask for Alex... you won't be disappointed!
Top Knot Tip: Spend a few days at the hotel and enjoy a pre-wedding massage the day before and a leisurely beach stroll the day after followed by a Merchants Manor Afternoon Tea in the garden... not to be missed!