The Romance Review: Hotel Tresanton
14 December 2017
Hotel Tresanton is an iconic hotel and with good reason. Situated in an unrivalled location in St Mawes, it is chic, classy and comfortable. Luxury furnishings, open fires, panoramic sea views and location and cuisine unlike any other, Tresanton is the crème de la crème of hotels in the UK and has been awarded the top award for service at the National Geographic Traveller magazine Big Sleep Awards, along with being named the Conde Nast Johansens UK Waterside Hotel of the Year.
Romance Revealed (our favourite parts)
- The location – the closeness to the water and the proximity to the harbourside hustle and bustle of St Mawes
- The food. The food at Tresanton is divine. Expect dishes such as hand-dived scallops, fresh seafood linguine and Launceston lamb, all served with immaculate service from a sea view terrace that has perhaps the best view of any restaurant in the county
- Their exclusive Beach Club – an area immediately above the water and below the hotel, completely for the use of hotel guests. Featuring stunning garden design, uninterrupted views and a choice of sunbeds or bar pews to enjoy a drink in the sunshine, this is something completely unique to Tresanton.
If you’re booking that special room make sure you book:
It’s so tricky as there is no dedicated Honeymoon Suite at Tresanton. Each room is entirely different and offers something different depending on what you’re after. The best thing to do is to speak to the Reservations team and find a roomthat suits what you prefer. Some have private outdoor terraces, some are bold and vibrant whereas others are calmer and more relaxed. Our personal favourite is The Forte Suite. Situated in Rock Cottage, this romantic suite has a sitting room with wood burning stove and a private terrace overlooking the bay.
Must-dos when staying at Tresanton for romance:
- Enjoy a trip on Pinuccia, the hotel private yacht
- Visit St Mawes Castle – situated next door, it’s the perfect place to soak up the history and heritage of Cornwall before returning to the comfort of Tresanton for a Cornish cream tea by the fire
- For a special occasion, pre-order a bouquet for arrival. Put together especially by the Tresanton florist, expect local and seasonal flowers and foliage to impress and delight
- Book the Apollo Awakening – the ultimate in indulgent spa treatments, this is a four-handed massage, featuring two therapists, inspired by the mystical nature of the waves
- Visit St Just in Roseland Church. Once named by Sir John Betjeman as the ‘most beautiful churchyard on earth’ it’s a three mile coastal stroll from Tresanton and we think you’ll wholeheartedly agree
- Enjoy a candlelit dinner for two – on the restaurant terrace, The Nook terrace, or perhaps the private terrace of your suite – we adore the Lamorran Suite for a romantic dinner a deux