Christmas 2014 at The Idle Rocks
Happy Christmas - And that's what it is all about. If you are reading this the chances are that you, or your family, have already decided to spend some time away from home for Christmas.
And that's what it is all about. If you are reading this the chances are that you, or your family, have already decided to spend some time away from home for Christmas.
Its a very personal time and here at The Idle Rocks, we keep it that way. Everything we offer over the three days from Christmas Eve is a choice, not an obligation. There is plenty to do, or little to do, whatever your preference is.
For two people and three nights, the Christmas break starts at £1465, and this includes just about everything that should make Christmas about perfect.
Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve in one of the country's most beautiful and hidden churches is unique, the Christmas Lunch five metres from the sea really is an extraordinary way to celebrate and the Boxing Day dinner is a treat in store.
There are surprises, treats, drinks together (everyone's invited but no pressure to come) a quiz for all, and a feeling of generosity and homeliness that we hope keeps the spirit of the moment running throughout your time with us.
We will look after you.
• Christmas Eve on arrival – the Winter Afternoon Tea with a difference – homemade cake, a glass of Winter Pimms or Mulled Wine, tea and coffee.
• Christmas Carols at drinks time.
• Dinner with the full A La Carte Menu.
• Midnight Mass – we will have transport available to take you to the beautiful St Just in Roseland Church and a night cap glass of Mulled Wine will be waiting for you on your return.
• Christmas Lunch, served with all the trimmings.
• In the afternoon we will be serving Christmas cake, mince pies, tea and coffee.
• Supper will be a Cornish themed Buffet.
• Boxing Day and the possibility of being very silly and enjoying a trip to the pantomime, Robin Hood, at the Hall for Cornwall in Truro.
• Pre-dinner drinks, with a pre-dinner cocktail and canapés, followed by...
• The Boxing Day Dinner is a 6 course tasting menu, so you don't have to choose, just enjoy.
• A bit of light hearted fun in the Sitting Room with "Sid's Christmas Quiz". There will be some terrific prizes up for grabs. Sid is our Concierge and a frustrated thespian we think!
• Breakfast on each and every morning is included and well worth getting up and coming down for.
- Harbour View room £1450 for 2 people for 3 days, as outlined above.
- Sea View room £1550
- Grand Sea View room £1650
- Sea View inter-connecting Family room (2 adults, 2 children) £2150
For those guests wishing to arrive a day or so earlier, or stay a day or two later, very favourable rates are available.