Dessert Courses at Philleigh Way Cookery School
20 May - 26 July 2017
Would you like to wow your friends and family with extravagant desserts made using modern techniques and specialist ingredients?
During Philleigh Way's new desserts course, you'll learn a variety of skills used by today's top chefs including foams, gels and chocolate work.Philleigh Way will give you the skills and confidence to prepare a wide range of some show-stopping desserts! If you have a sweet tooth, this course is a must!
Tutor: Steve Rudd
Duration: 10.00am – 4.00pm
Max student to tutor ratio: 8/1
Welcome: Meet your tutor and see for yourself the Philleigh Way farmhouse cookery school and garden. Enjoy a morning tea or coffee.
The Day: It's an action packed day with four demonstrations and practical sessions. All equipment is provided for you along with tea and coffee and a delicious Philleigh Way lunch.
Close: Have a chat with fellow course attendees and members of the Philleigh Way team. This is a guide to the days activities and may vary depending on the season as well as the group's interest.
- Kaffir Lime & Chocolate Tart – candied & crisp limes – pistachio crumb – crème fraiche & spun sugar
- Strawberry & White Chocolate Mousse – chocolate soil – chocolate snaps – strawberry gel
- Dark Chocolate Collar – Baileys mousse – vanilla foam – hand dipped truffles
- Caramelized Rum Banana – compressed pineapple – meringue – golden raisins
- Cherry Jelly – coconut tuille - Baked Alaska coconut – pickled cherries – griotine Foam
- Tempering chocolate
- Spun sugar work
- Using a vacuum to infuse flavours
- Blind baking pickling fruits under vacuum
- Using Agar to create a gel
- Using soya lecithin to create a foam
- Learn aeration for meringues
- Using a de-hydrator
Age: We would advise that this course is only really suitable for 12 years of age and upwards. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
Find out more